When there are school days for my girls and working days for us i always like to pack wholesome food for their lunchbox so I try to be creative and make something which has got nutritional value and taste too as my little one has spice tooth and love variation every day.
If making for lunch box in the morning I always prepare vegetables in the night so in the mornign will mix them and make it hot ready to go in their Thermos.
- Boiled potato (mashed)- 1 cup
- Grated paneer -1/2 cup
- Shredded carrot -1/2 cup
- Breads crumbs- 1/2 cup
- Coriander - 1/2 cup
- Spinach - 1/2 cup
- Quinoa(cooked) -1/2 cup
- Green Chilli chopped - according to taste
- Aamchur(Dry mango)powder - 1tsp
- Red chilli powder (optional) - 1tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Corn flour(optional) - 1tbs
- Salt - according to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl until it comes together and is mouldable.
- Start making a round shape like a small ball and then flatten it into a shape of a cutlet
- On the stove put the cutlet on to a flat frying pan and shallow fry it with cold pressed coconut oil. Flip over carefully after one minute and keep pressing to keep it crispy. Keep the stove on a low - medium flame. It will take approx 15-20 minutes
- Serve with green chutney and sweet chutney to complete the meal. Also can take it in Thermos for school/work
Note: I prefer to make bread crumbs fresh from wholemeal bread
This is quick, light and our all time favourite meal.
It has got protein, fibre, greens, good fat and spices to nourish and satisfy taste buds.